Australian Ski Package
Enjoy a slice of real kiwiana
What you get on your awesome Broken River ski week:
For only $775 NZ your exclusive ski week package includes:
- Unique kiwi ski experience at one of New Zealand’s hidden gems, Broken River Ski Area.
- 7 days lift passes
- 3 complimentary group ski lesson with one of our highly-qualified and internationally-trained ski instructors.
- 6 nights on-mountain accommodation at tree-line in native forest only 10 minutes walk from the ski lift.
- Fully-catered accommodation with dinner, bed, and breakfast included.
- Linen available on request ($15 per change: we recommend you save your luggage space for your snow toys).
- Epic terrain
- Laid-back, friendly & social environment (including being up-close and intimate with Kea, our comical alpine parrot)
$775 NZ per person for ski weeks.
Ski hire is available at an additional cost.
Lunch items and beverages can be purchased on the mountain.
Transport to Broken River available at an additional cost.
Details of our ski week packages are available here:
Transport from Christchurch Airport to Broken River return:
Avoid the hassle of hiring a car or standing out on the road with your thumb out. Let Smylies Tours do the driving for you. Smylies Tours use 4 wheel drive vans and have many years experience driving mountain roads, so can relax and just enjoy the scenary along the way.
Smylies Tours will meet you at the airport or your Christchurch accommodation and make supermarket and ski rental stops if required.
Price: $160 return per person - reducible to $150 if you book through our website.
Book your transport to Broken River with Smylies Tours here.
Check us out
Here's what others have said about Broken River
A Very Special Place
"Powder days of Japanese proportions, record snowfalls, lifts getting buried, and a lucky few folks getting snowed in and having the trip of their lives at a very special place, Broken River." New Zealand Skier Magazine #91.
A Hidden Gem
"Broken River is a hidden gem amongst the Canterbury club fields."
Day 1 - Sunday
Christchurch airport - Picked up by Smylies Transport. If prearranged, they can stop in Christchurch for ski hire and at a supermarket. Relax and enjoy the 1hr 30 minute drive across the Canterbury Plains and through the mountains to Broken River Ski Area.
Broken River - Hanomag carpark - load you and your gear onto our alpine rail, the Tyndall Tramway, for an unique ride up through native beech forest to your accommodation lodge.
The ride is quite spectacular. Take in the amazing panoramic view of the surrounding mountains and Castle Hill Basin. This is fantastic, unique way to start your ski week - and you won't find a service like this anywhere else in New Zealand. The Tramway is fully certified to carry passengers.
Broken River Accommodation - Settle in your accommodation and get yourself comfortable.
You will stay in one of our three lodges: